Friday, January 9, 2009

Best Hand Soap...Ever


I'm a bit of a hand soap snob. I didn't use to be. I would be fine with pretty much anything except bars of soap by the sink. Can't do it.

The snobbery began when G and I went to Paris in 2004. We stayed with his cousin who had the most amazing soap in her kitchen. Savon de Marseille Extra Pur Orange. I had to have it immediately and I brought 2 bottles and a refill home with me. (Plus lots of their cute little crock pot yogurt containers. But that is another story)

Now I'm out of soap. Luckily for me I don't have to cross the big pond to get it. I found an online retailer. Here is what they have to say about this soap.

French law requires that any soap called "Marseille" be made from a minimum of 72% vegetable oil. This premium Marseille liquid soap from La Compagnie de Provence lasts so long, works so well, and looks so fantastic that it's going to be a new passion. The 500 ml. glass bottle has a clean, bold design that adds style anywhere.Still made in a cauldron according to longtime tradition, this legendary Marseille soap is made with vegetable oils and naturally glycerined. Biodegradable, it's guaranteed free of artificial coloring and animal fats.

Get your own bottle here.

No comments: