Friday, March 19, 2010

Handmade/Homemade Challenge: Nephew's Birthday

For my nephew's 4th birthday, we have given the gift of our time and the experience of live theatre. Last night we took him to a production at a children's theatre of Robin Hood. In my opinion, the story line and dialogue were a little too mature for a children's theatre and the script included a lot of things that would go over the head of anyone younger than 13 or 14. Luckily they also threw in some scenes where the actors ran around the stage wildly yelling and screaming. This brought the attention of the 4-10 year olds back for a few minutes at least.
After the show the kids were invited to get their playbills signed by the actors, which I thought was a very nice touch. All the kids were super psyched to meet them. This is my nephew meeting Prince John.

Overall, the gift was a success and we all had a great time. When we dropped him off at home he said, "If you ever have any extra theatre tickets, you can come and see me." I take that as a good sign.


No comments: